July 11 Wed
- Chapter 15—–Abram has a massive supernatural encounter with God
- Chapter 16-—-verse 3 -It’s been 10 years since the encounter – nothing has happened yet- Since then God has been silent-? Promise seems to be no more by Human standards-So Ishmael is planned!
- Chapter 17——-After the birth of Ishmael -God again is (silent) for 13 years! Then HE appeared to Abram renewing his promises-The same promises He gave him over 20 years ago.—— so 13 + 10 years = 23 years of no recorded chat between God and Abram, the God comes again.
- Few things are happening in this chapter ( change of name/circumcision) as we are now getting closer tho chapter 21- the birth of the Promise Son!—
- As we are approaching the time of fulfillment- God’s silence is broken-Abram is almost 100 years-The promise of Isaac was first made when he was 75 years.
- Chapter 18- God has gotten very ‘bubbly’, now ,the dry times are over,tangible manifestations of His Presence are pouring- He even involves Abram in a the fate of Sodom and Gomorrah!
- God is also getting very specific with the promise, he has now given a time of the fulfillment- in a year time……verse 10
- Chapter 19- Sodom and Gomorrah destroyed..
- Chapter 20––Abraham doubts again, moved by fear deceived Abimalech – Fear being the nemesis of Faith- Abram failed – after all that —-in such a simple test – ahh the contradictions found in the heart of men!!
- Chapter 21-— Isaac pops out ! Bye Ishmael!
- Chapter 22- Abraham, greatest and more intimate Test ! and He passes with flying colors!!
- He passes this test when less demanding tests he failed—- I found that to be a very recurrent habit in my own life! Or maybe it is that the tests given in waiting seasons are the hardest…..Be still and Know!!!
Go Figure ,human Hearts inconsistency !!
“What’s been on my mind Today?-My new Series.
Every day we hear ,listen,read, see and think -we get fed by thoughts, ideas, worldviews, beliefs,unbelief ,assertions,theories …. whether aware or not!
This series is about those Random/Intended thoughts – mine and those I hear/read along the day!
They are raw impulsive musings – especially mine- sometimes only making sense in my context ! The wording is often weak! Most are -spontaneous reflections in their ‘embryonic’ form that will eventually get their own post once they reach full term!