Chapter 3- Why Revival Tarries-by Leonard Ravenhill-
” A Call for Unction in the Pulpit-Action in the Pew!
- There are 2 indispensable factors to successful christian living-They are vision and passion.
- Isaiah had a vision in three dimensions. Note verses one to nine in the sixth chapter of Isaiah.
- Verse -5-, WOE, a word of confession;
- verse -7-, LO, a word of cleansing;
- verse -9-, GO, a word of commission.
- It was an :
- upward vision – he saw the Lord;
- and inward vision – he saw himself,
- and an outward vision – he saw the world.
- It was a vision of height – he saw the Lord high and lifted up.
- A vision of depth – he saw the recesses of his own heart.
- And a vision of breadth – he saw the world.
- A vision of holiness Oh beloved! How this generation of believers needs the vision of God in all His holiness!
- A vision of hellishness- “I am undone,… unclean!”
- and a vision of hopelessness – implied by the words “Who will go for us?”
- Synthetic religion must go!
- We need a vision of Holy God-God is essentially Holy.The Cherubim and seraphims were not crying,” Omnipotent! Omnipotent is the Lord,! “nor ” Omnipresent! and Omniscient! is the Lord,but Holy !Holy Holy!”-This vast hebrew concept needs to penetrates our souls again!
Next: ” Where are the Elijahs of God?”—soon