THE CROSS AND THE DEEPER WORK OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
- Just as a Christian must be delivered from the sin of the flesh through the cross, so he must now be delivered from the righteousness of the flesh by the same cross
- However good or strong, the flesh can never answer to God’s demands.
- There is natural good as well as natural bad in this flesh.
- Whatever is natural is not spiritual;
- We must not only deny our righteousness but also our wisdom. This too must be nailed to the cross.
- Our security is in the Holy Spirit. The safe way lies in our readiness to be taught, fearful lest we yield any ground to the flesh.
- Putting confidence in the flesh tends to destroy glorying in Christ Jesus.