“What’s been on my mind Today?-My new Series.
Every day we hear ,listen,read, see and think -we get fed by thoughts, ideas, worldviews, beliefs,unbelief ,assertions,theories …. whether aware or not!
This series is about those Random/Intended thoughts – mine and those I hear/read along the day!
They are raw impulsive musings – especially mine- sometimes only making sense in my context ! The wording is often weak! Most are -spontaneous reflections in their ‘embryonic’ form that will eventually get their own post once they reach full term!”
SO,What’s been on my mind Today ?
[February 7 Tue]
I just don’t know what to pray for cause I don’t know what I want!!!!
I don’t care what you throw at me!! I will not fall for the serpent lies- I am determined to believe that my God is good- I Trust my daddy!:)
The temptation of Eve vs The Temptation of Jesus. The striking difference is in the use of the WORD.
- Satan came to Eve with a question, challenging & changing God’s command .
- Satan came to Jesus with a “IF” (something is unlikely and should not be considered) , challenging Jesus identity
- Eve-instead of speaking Gods word,chooses to reason with the devil, eventually includes/mentions “God Said’ but by then thought it to be a good idea to amend the command .
- Jesus, didn’t reason, He used the Sword- he replied simply ,”NO,God Said, The scriptures declare, IT IS WRITTEN!
- When the devil replies back , EVE, Fell.
- When the devil replies back ,JESUS, kept quoting the word til he left.
- Eve,thought she knew better and fell!
- Jesus,did know better, but remained obedient! Maybe,as an example to us on How to deal with temptation!
- Eve’s mistake was to take matter into her own hands, She should have used the command of God from the start, as well as sticking to what God strictly-really said! But she chose to toy!
- Jesus,simply used the Word of God to counter the devil’s lies.
WE, post-modern Christians, are doing it Eves way- we have departed from SOLELY relying on the Word of God for Strengh-Life-Power-Directions…etc ! Because of God’s favor in our Western world , belief in our human strength-skills-ways have grown stronger to the point of having demoted Gods Word from Sole Authority to ‘almost’ last resort! We are using other man-mind-made concepts to wage warfare -as if, like Eve thought- we can handle it without God- )At least for a bit) -The Sad mistake is to think that ‘cooperation/partnership” with God means that we are same level-bringing some insight to the table- By No Means!- Cooperation with God is simply Obedience- We are to be totally dependent – whenever we think we know better – we are deceived! Don’t forget that God declares us ‘Dead’ without Jesus, and with Jesus we are constantly kept alive by relying on the Holy Spirit!
So chose Today – will you do it, Eve’s way or Jesus’ way?
The Plot Thickens! Not Sure what’s happening but not looking good on the surface! Anyhow God is in Control whatever the outcome ! I do not understand all the ‘why’s” but one thing I know,HE is a good God and He’s always up to the Best,so I am at rest! One thing for sure though, Philippians 4:7 is Extraordinary-Amazingly-Overwhelmingly REAL !
1 Corinthians 7:1
It is good to live a celibate life
It is good for a man not to marry
It’s good to abstain from sexual relations
It’s advisable for a man not to marry?
Genesis 2: 18
It is not good for the man to be alone … I I’ll make him a helper just for him
Extremely bad day at work yesterday
Possibility of getting fired
Full of Gods peace
I don’t understand why is all that happening just weeks before I resign
Feels like lack of favor
Why lord , cant I just leave smoothly!! Why does it have to b such a Bad ending!!!
A Voice said ” shout”
I asked what I shout?”
Shout that people are like grass…..