- Where did Cain got his wife from? Manu commented :”Obviously we don’t know the time scale- back then people were living very much longer- so by that time there could have been lots of brothers/sisters/nieces around” —-So,Cain could have picked his wife from the bunch!
- Was Cain married before he got kicked out of Eden?The verse says ‘he had sex with his wife + baby Enoch came’,Is this implying that he was already married?.Or did he get his wife from Eden expats?-Who were the “Anyone” that Cain was afraid of ?Were there some “others” outside Eden- as seen in verse 16-!
- He couldn’t have been referring to Adam & Eve having more children after he is gone, and once they grow up, they would come after him …hahaha
- Bear in mind that, Everything recorded in the bible is specifically chosen -all details are not given,God focuses on the core stories that will make it into HIS Story– maybe that’s why there no mention of other kids apart from Abel and Cain-
- Movie Scenario : So,lets presume that Adam & Eve got =Cain & Abel + few more- Cain might have been already married and left Eden with his wife , then had baby Enoch or ..
- Some of the kids,became Expats- (Remenber,it got pretty tough outside Eden- to the point that even Cain didn’t want to go( Bizzaree!!) – but eventually had to -( carrying a mark that would protect him from people wanting to kill/ take revenge),Maybe once there he got a wife + Baby Enoch.
- Also ,Just wondering: Getting your “periods” is the sign that you are ready to procreate,right ?Can be as early as 8yrs sometimes !?Did they use to marry that early back then? ( need to research).
- With the “where did Cain get his wife question’ often comes the ‘how bad is it to marry your brethren’? genetic disorders/ Have been a lawful pratice up to recent years and surely in some culture til now ?
- “Cain built a city” -The mention of Cain founding the first city is quite interesting,for me the idea of a city is visually with solid/hard material like bricks?.were the others living in tents, like nomads? Nomads are always on the go, spiritually speaking -awaiting for Gods next directions,never really knowing what of tomorrow! At the mercy of the natural elements, depending totally on God’s favor.But when you live in a city ,you feel maybe more settled, protected and depending on the strength of our own might! Technologies become your God.
Practical tip for us :Lord, teach us to Learn how to be content in both context – always on the go with you, ready to obey instantly and ready to depart or settle ( using the things of this world as but not attached to them….)
Notes of The Genesis study verse by verse- via Skype Vero & Manu
- From -Answers in Genesis–Did Cain marry his sister ?What about Biological Deformities?-Today, brothers and sisters (and half-brothers and half-sisters, etc.) are not currently permitted by law to marry and have children.Now it is true that children produced in a union between brother and sister have a greater chance to be deformed.However, this fact of present-day life did not apply to Adam and Eve.When the first two people were created, they were perfect. Everything God made was “very good” (Genesis 1:31). That means their genes were perfect—no mistakes. But when sin entered the world because of Adam (Genesis 3:6), God cursed the world so that the perfect creation then began to degenerate, that is, suffer death and decay (Romans 8:22). Over a long period of time, this degeneration would have resulted in all sorts of mistakes occurring in the genetic material of living things.